“The Future of Messaging” - BuzzfeedTribe is a free, brand new video messaging app that lets you chat with friends quicker than texting and easier than live video and phone calls.
With millions of messages already sent, Tribe helps you enjoy your daily conversations like never before. Tap and hold a friends picture to record up to a 15 second video message, which is immediately sent to their phone to be watched at their convenience. You can also send messages to existing groups youve created and chat like youre all together. There is no need to use a tiny keyboard (like texting) or schedule anything (like in live video and phone calls). Its so simple to use and beautifully designed that it allows you to save time and enjoy more real, fun, and natural conversations.
Here are a few reasons why hundreds of thousands people use Tribe every day:
- Have conversations just like if youre in the same room - By watching and responding to video messages, Tribe makes you feel like a real conversation is taking place, also including location-based context (weather and distance). answer on the go when you want like on a walkie-talkie.
- The perfect tool for Group chats - Use Tribe to avoid the clutter and confusing of chatting with friends, roommates, classmates, teammates, and family across different threads and apps. Using Tribe for group chat makes it feel like youre all together no matter where everyone is.
- The fastest and easiest way to send video and vocal messages - Do everything with only one hand. Whether you’re walking or driving, you can keep chating on-the-go and even free one hand when you carry a coffee, an umbrella or a suitcase while having multiple asynchronous conversations simultaneously.
- The safest place to chat privately - Keep some privacy when you meet people in a bar or on Tinder. Just send your PIN Code (more secure and discrete than your personal phone number or your Facebook). No message is ever kept by Tribe, making any type of leak or hack impossible.
For example, we improve every day conversations of people that:
- Travel far from their close contacts for studies or work.- Date on dating apps like Tinder, Badoo or OKCupid.- Drive regularly their cars, bikes and others means of transport.- Live in VOiP-blocked countries where they cant have regular live video conversations.
Want to chat? Our CEO is available to answer on Tribe, or on Twitter at @heytribe.